Skip to main content

A Village and Her People...



Open my hut

Open the door

Open the bar

Open your destiny



Lay down your head

Lay down quietly

Look for your forefathers

Look, seek you shall find



Though I strangled you in the dead of the night

Though I did not let you breath

I have chosen to let you go

I have chosen to give you your freedom celebration



Nine times you shall go round

Nine times you shall break their yolk

Nine times you shall look to the hill

Nine times you shall open the door



What door my child?

What hope my child?

What love my child?

What next my child?



Beautiful beginnings I hold

Beautiful plentiful seeds

Beautiful land to sow

Beautiful yields my dear



I know your story

I know your land

I know your story

I know your end



Get the waters of the lake

Get the coffee from the land

Get the seeds

Get them all as a covering



Where it is green

Where you hold your pot

Where you only see the desert plants

Where you only see the gatekeepers





Let go

Let go

Let go

Let go



No looking back

He that heareth the tale

No looking back

A past of a people settled



What I owe you is love

What I owe you is settled

What I owe you is done



The village and her people are settled

My hands are washed

Your hands are washed

You go your way

You are now blessed



-Trony




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BRUSHING YOUR BABIES TEETH By Trony Valentine Ingati

Teaching your baby to brush their little teeth can be one difficult task. But as a parent you will always discover the best things and the shortest way to master the joys and pitfalls of parenthood. Either way it is good practice that your children learn good dental hygiene. For starters go shopping with them, for that particular tooth brush. Children get fascinated with color and you will be surprised at what good taste they might posses. Point out a tooth brush and let them look impressed by your selection.  Nonetheless, make sure that the bristles are soft and the neck of the tooth brush can stretch out to the back of their little teeth. Choose a colorful brush that excites them but has soft bristles as their teeth are sensitive and growing. If your child is a small little one, then sit your baby on your lap or have them stand up on a stool facing the sink. Guide them as they take their first steps to brushing their teeth. Encourage them by smiling and acting very excited. This...

Taking care of your teeth and gums

1.    Just the other day i sat in an old smelly matatu next to an individual with an over powering body odour . 2.   I could not   take   it and   every   passanger on board had their    nose   pointed   to the little   windows   trying to gasp for   to air like a drowing man. 3.   It dawned on me that good looks do not make one embrace personal hygine as a prioriety and just may be i would have taken the opportunity to tell him in a polite manner that he ought to uphold good oral hygine. 4.   If i came across him i would say Sir hello… kindly brush your teeth twice a day with quality toothpaste. I like the way you are dressed… so flossing in between the teeth should be manditory    because it will make me notice you more. Do you know the man with the white coat…he is called a dentist…perhaps you could visit him on a regular basis for check ups and cleaning Cut down on sugary foods and drinks ...